How to get rid of blackheads on cheeks, chin and nose fast and naturally? Blackheads are common. They are unsightly pimple clusters and can be real annoying for men and women. Blackheads mostly appear on the nose but can be found on cheeks and chin as well. In this article you will find great natural ways to get rid of your ugly blackheads.
What are blackheads?
Blackheads are dark spots found on the skin. They’re usually considered as the first stage of acne. When they’re not treated, they can develop into a papule or pimple.
Just like acne, blackheads develop after the beginning of puberty. It’s that stage of the life when certain hormones increase and they reach the skin to overstimulate the sebaceous glands. The result? Increase production of sebum.
The role of sebum in the body is to lubricate our hair and skin but it can become blocked. If the skin pore opens to the surface, it allows air to enter causing the formation of blackheads.
This will cause the sebum to be exposed to air. Sebum contains the same substance that gives color to the skin, which is known as melanin. When that substance is exposed to the air, the blocked pore turns to a dark blackhead.
In addition to hormones, there are other reasons of getting blackheads. Before we’ll teach you how to get rid of blackheads, let’s tackle the possible reasons of blackhead formation.
What causes blackheads on nose?
As mentioned earlier, blackheads form as the result of overproduction of oil. An increase in hormone production can cause DHT (dihydrotestosterone triggers) to rise. DHT or over activity of the sebaceous glands result in clogged pores.
This means that the skin hygiene has nothing to do with the appearance of your blackheads. Thus, washing your face more than twice a day will have no positive benefits to your blackheads. In fact, it’ll only make them worse.
Blackheads, too, aren’t caused by the foods you eat. However, there are studies that found a link between dairy products and blackheads/acne. Although, the study had full of loopholes.
Since blackheads can be unattractive, sufferers do look for treatment options that can remove them. Although medications and hormonal treatments are usually recommended by doctors, there are simple home remedies for blackheads that you can try without spending too much money.
How to get rid of blackheads on cheeks, chin, and nose naturally and quickly
1. Egg whites
Egg whites can form a mask that you can use to tighten your pores. When you apply the egg white onto your face, it reduces the chance of other batch of blackheads to appear.
Another great thing about egg whites is that it doesn’t cause any dryness to your face, compared to the medications and other conventional treatments for blackheads.
How to stop blackheads on nose with egg whites
- Separate the egg white from the yolk.
- Rinse your face and pat it dry before applying the egg whites over your face
- Make sure that you apply at least 3 layers of egg whites. Before you put another layer, make sure that the previous layer is already dry.
- Wash your face only when your face feels like it’s already tight. As much as possible use warm water to wash your face. Apply moisturizer afterward.
It must be paired with milk to make pore strips. Honey is rich in antibacterial properties. While the milk keeps your skin soft through its lactic acid content. When you mix them together, it forms or acts as an adhesive. Pulling the mixture off your skin will also remove the blackheads.
Getting rid of blackheads on nose fast with honey
- Mix organic raw honey with milk.
- Put the mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds to heat it up
- Mix it again to help it cooling it down
- Place a thin layer of the mixture over your blackheads
- Apply a clean strip of cotton onto it
- Allow it to dry
- Wait for 30 minutes to make sure that the mixture is dry enough
- Peel the strip slowly
- Rinse the affected area with cold water to close the pores
- Use a moisturizer to further soften your face
Just like milk, cinnamon can also be paired with honey to form natural pore strips. As mentioned earlier, honey is rich in anti-bacterial properties that prevents bacteria to cause acne when the blackheads aren’t removed.
Cinnamon, on other hand, increases blood flow to give your skin soft, healthy glow.
Mix these two and you’ll have effective natural pores trips.
How to remove blackheads on cheeks with cinnamon
- Mix equal parts of raw honey and cinnamon to form a paste. You need enough paste to cover the entire area where blackheads are formed.
- Apply the paste over the affected area
- Make sure that you apply a thin layer of the mixture over the blackheads
- Get a strip of cotton and press it over the mixture onto your face
- Allow it to stay there for at least 5 minutes
- Remove the strip gently and rinse your face
- Follow it up with a moisturizer
4. Lemon juice
The astringent substance in a lemon juice may help in tightening or shrinking your pores. This makes it useful in getting rid of blackheads.
When you’re planning to use it, make sure that you apply sunscreen after. This is because lemon juice can make your skin sensitive to the sun. As much as possible, don’t use it during summertime.
How to use lemon juice for blackheads
- Prepare lemon, cotton balls and a small bowl
- Squeeze the lemon juice in the bowl
- Rinse your face with soap and water
- Pat it dry
- Soak a cotton ball in the lemon juice and apply it to your blackheads
- Leave it there overnight before rinsing it off the following morning
- Use warm water when rinsing your face
- Apply moisturizer and sunscreen
If you have extremely sensitive skin, you must dilute the juice first with the water. This will reduce the sting caused by the lemon juice when applied on the face.
5. Baking soda
It’s alkaline in nature that may help in neutralizing the pH level of your skin allowing it to produce less oil, thereby, preventing blackheads and acne. As it acts as an exfoliating agent, it can remove dead skin cells while making your skin soft and supple.
Although it’s commonly used as a cooking product or a cleaning agent in your kitchen, you can use its cleaning properties on your face. It will effectively remove dirt and extra sebum without causing serious side effects.
How to use baking soda for fighting blackheads
- Mix equal parts of baking soda and water
- Combine them thoroughly to make a fine paste
- Wash your face using warm water and gentle soap
- Apply the fine paste onto your face, especially on the affected area
- Massage it to your face and leave it there for 3 minutes
- Rinse it with warm water
By massaging your face with a baking soda paste, it loosens the dead skin cells. Eventually, they’ll be removed along with the blackheads.
6. Bentonite Clay
You should only use a pure calcium bentonite clay. To get maximum results, you need to use it daily for at least two weeks. After that, you may apply it on your face twice a week.
What it does is that it opens and clears out pores. Since it comes with excellent exfoliating properties, it can remove dead skin cells and excess sebum.
If you have pimples, they will also be removed through the anti-bacterial properties of this clay.
Some people experience worsening of their blackheads after applying this clay. If it happens to you, too, you must not panic. It’s actually a sign that the clay is doing its job in removing dead skin cells and extra sebum from your face.
Once dead skin cells and blackheads are removed, you’ll notice improvement.
How to remove blackheads quickly with bentonite clay
- Mix equal parts of bentonite clay and water
- Combine them thoroughly to form a thick paste
- Cover your face with a thick layer of the paste
- Allow it to sit there for 30 minutes or until the paste dries
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
- Apply moisturizer. You should apply sunblock when you’re going out.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
When it’s paired with mint leaves, they can form a natural toner. These two have properties that can effectively get rid of blackheads without causing any serious negative effects.
The apple cider vinegar breaks down the excess sebum from your pores. This will help to remove blackheads easily. The mint leaves will create a cooling sensation to the skin while it tightens it.
The combination of ACV and mint leaves are especially great if your blackheads are swollen.
How to get rid of deep blackheads using ACV
- Combine apple cider vinegar and crushed or chopped fresh mint leaves
- Add water
- Mix them well
- Rinse your face with water
- Pat it dry
- Soak a clean cotton ball in the natural toner that you’ve made.
- Apply the soaked cotton ball on the blackhead
- Leave it there overnight
- Rinse it the following morning
- Apply moisturizer afterward
8. Green tea
Instead of trying to pop your blackheads with your bare hands, why not try the power of green tea?
Yes, it’s the same green tea that you drink every morning. Because of its high amount of antioxidants, green tea can be of great use in removing blackheads. It reduces production of sebum and alleviates inflammation on the skin.
Green tea has two purposes. It gets rid of blackheads and also protects your skin against damage in the future.
How to remove blackheads quickly with green tea
- Fill a mug with hot water
- Drop two bags of green tea in it
- Allow it to steep for 1 hour
- Let the water cool down
- Remove the tea bags and place the mug in the fridge
- Let it chill for 2 hours
- Wash your face with gentle cleanser and pat it dry
- Remove the mug from the fridge and soak a cotton ball in it
- Dab it to the blackheads
- Leave it there for 15 minutes before rinsing it with cool water
- Pat it dry before applying an oil-free moisturizer
Yes, the sugar that you use in your coffee and tea can also be utilized as a home remedy for blackheads.
You only need to use brown sugar instead of white. It works the same way as baking soda – it acts as an exfoliating agent while unclogging the pores.
What’s great about brown sugar is that it contains molasses. Molasses is rich in vitamin B.
With this remedy, you won’t use brown sugar alone. Instead, you’ll mix it with baking soda, honey, and water.
How to remove blackheads fast with sugar
- Mix brown sugar, baking soda, honey and water.
- Massage it onto your face for five minutes
- Leave the mixture for another five minutes
- Rinse it well with warm water and followed by cold water
- Use this scrub once or twice a week. Avoid using it on a daily basis as it may aggravate your skin’s condition.
Don’t forget to use sunscreen protection when going out to avoid further damaging your skin.
Oatmeal is great in getting rid of blackheads. It has exfoliating power that can effectively remove blackheads from your face. It can scrub away dead skin cells through its coarseness. Not only that. It also removes bacteria that may cause the acne to occur.
With this remedy, you’ll need uncooked oats, raw honey, lemon juice, and yogurt.
Howto treat blackheads on face with oatmeal:
- Combine uncooked oats, honey, lemon juice and plain yogurt in a bowl.
- Mix them well using a spoon.
- Wash your face with soap and water
- Get small mixture from the bowl using your bare hand and scrub the mixture onto your face. When massaging your face, you should only do it in a circular motion.
- Massage it for two minutes. Don’t forget the areas where blackheads occur.
- Leave the mixture on your face for five minutes or until it dries up.
- Rinse your face with cool water
You may use this remedy once a day for a few days. It doesn’t matter what oatmeal brand you use, as long as it’s uncooked.
11. Epsom salt
It’s not the kind of salt you’d want to use in your cooking. Epsom salt isn’t actually a salt but it’s a salt containing magnesium and sulfate. It’s been used as a remedy for several ailments and beauty problems, like blackheads.
You can use it to exfoliate or remove dead skin cells. Epsom salt can also be applied onto the skin as a face cleanser.
It’s not easy to find Epsom salt in a supermarket. You can only obtain it from a health shop.
How to remove blackheads overnight with Epsom salt
- Prepare a teaspoon of Epsom salt and a cup of water
- Heat the water before adding the salt
- Add drops of iodine as well but this is optional
- Stir the mixture until the salt has been dissolved
- Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool down
- Apply the mixture onto your clean face
- Let it stay there for a few minutes or until the mixture has dried up completely.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water
- Pat it dry and apply moisturizer
Epsom salt is easy on your skin so you can safely use it every day or until the blackheads are gone.
12. Tomato juice
If you’re not a big fan of eating tomatoes, then you should try to take interest in their benefits. This is especially true if you’re prone to blackheads.
Apart from the fact that tomato is rich in lycopene, it can also be used as a perfect natural exfoliator in unclogging pores and getting rid of blackheads. Thanks to its acidic properties.
How to clear blackheads on nose with tomato juice
- Use a few tomatoes and smash them to extract their juice
- Apply the juice onto the affected area. You must use generous amount to effectively eliminate blackheads.
- Leave it on your skin overnight. This is to make sure that the juice has dried up well onto your skin.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water the following morning to easily remove the juice
You may use this remedy once or twice a week. During the first application, you’ll notice a big change. However, all blackheads may not be removed. It may take a few applications to eliminate them all.
This is quite different from oatmeal but it’s as effective as oatmeal and other remedies we’ve mentioned here. You’ll need a cornmeal to make a facial scrub. Unlike other facial scrubs that you find in a supermarket, this one offers extra exfoliating powers and nourishment.
Ways to get rid of blackheads on nose with cornmeal
To use this remedy, you’ll have to prepare the cornmeal, tomato pulp, lemon juice and rose water.
- Put all ingredients in a dry bowl
- Mix them well to make a thick paste
- Leave it there for a few minutes before rinsing it with lukewarm water
The great thing about this remedy is that it won’t only exfoliate your skin but it’ll also moisturize it. You will feel a smooth skin after exfoliation.
Don’t scrub your skin roughly as cornmeal can be an abrasive exfoliating product. Use this remedy once or twice a week.
14. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has many uses and one of them is the ability to get rid of blackheads. It’s natural and it won’t further damage your skin.
The tea tree oil is known for its antiseptic properties. Thus, if you have a bad acne too, you can use it to remove both blackheads and the acne.
How to use tea tree oil
- Apply sufficient amount of this oil onto your face
- Leave it there for 15 minutes. It’s best to apply it in the evening before going to bed as you can leave the oil overnight.
- Wash it off using lukewarm water and tap it dry with a clean towel
If you don’t want to have the hassle of combining ingredients and making pastes, you can just use a steam. It’s a simple method and doesn’t require a lot of preparing.
How to use it
Just fill a bowl with water. Allow it to boil and remove from heat. Let it cool down a bit before leaning over for 10 minutes. The steam loosens anything that’s stuck in your pores, including blackheads.
All of these home remedies for blackheads are natural. Using natural ingredients will not be harsh on your skin and cause serious negative side effects, like the medications prescribed by your dermatologists.
When using these remedies, it’s always advisable to use moisturizer afterwards to keep your skin soft and smooth. You must also remember to use a sunblock to further protect your skin against sun’s damaging effects. Bear in mind that your skin pores are open after using these remedies. You need a sunscreen protection to protect these pores from the effects of the sun’s rays.
These simple home treatments can save you significant amount of money and you don’t have to worry about putting harsh ingredients onto your face.